Are you considering accounting as a career? You may be be surprised to learn that a considerable amount of their time is spent interacting with clients and employees. Here are some reasons why the accounting industry could be right for you:
- Generally good work/ life balance
- Work regular office hours
- Varied workload
- “Above average” projected new job openings
- Large amount of the workforce are retiring
- Considerable potential for advancement
Individuals that are self-managed, show initiative, and are willing to continually update their skills are the most likely candidates for promotion within this industry. Since a large portion of the current workforce is retiring, accounting professionals have been enjoying more opportunities for advancement within their organizations.