Online and On-Campus Delivery Options may be available!
The Hospitality Industry Professional program is divided into two modules. The first module focuses on communications skills used in the hospitality sector, such as making presentations, taking part in meetings, and critical thinking. Through a variety of projects students will apply skills and knowledge in both print and digital presentation.
Students will also learn an introduction to the hospitality industry and world of food service. In the second module, students will take 10 weeks of hospitality electives building upon the basic business skills. Students will learn essential workforce entry skills including Serving it Right, Guest Service Gold, and FoodSafe while receiving a Restaurant Server Credential.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Provide responsible and professional hospitality services
- Apply the principles and practices of guest and customer services
- Prepare presentation materials, compile data and research
- Communicate effectively using various communication channels
Why Study At Sprott Shaw?
- Lifetime access to dedicated Employment Services Specialists (ESS) who can help you with resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, and the overall job search after graduation
- Lifetime tuition-free access to course refreshers if you ever need to retrain and update your skills
- Co-op opportunities with recognized organizations across BC including Parq Vancouver, River Rock Casino, Rosewood Hotel Georgia, Best Western Hotels, Delta Hotels, and more
- Multiple start dates so you can start your education when you want to without the wait
- All-inclusive tuition where what you see is what you pay. Our tuition includes registration fees, assessment fees, tuition, textbooks, supplies, course materials, uniforms, certificates, graduation fees, co-op fees, and much more
- Career and professional development success courses to help create a career development marketing plan, learn the cardinal rules of professionalism, and identify the target markets and employment resources for the hospitality industry
- Certificates including FOODSAFE, Guest Service Gold, and START Restaurant Service
- Preparation and orientation courses to teach you how to find credible research, write papers, create proper citation formats including APA, and study effectively for exams
- Grant and scholarship opportunities are available to help you save on tuition. Up to $4000 in scholarships and grants are open to recent high school graduates, Sprott Shaw alumni, military veterans, and more! Click here to browse our full list of grants and scholarships
Where Are Sprott Shaw Graduates Working?
Our Administration, Legal, and Hospitality graduates can be found working throughout the province. Graduates of our Administration programs are working in a diverse range of locations including the BC Cancer Agency and the Government of Canada.
Graduates of our Veterinary Assistant program can be found in various veterinary clinics such as the Central City Animal Hospital and the Panorama Village Animal Hospital.
Legal graduates can be found working in law firms and legal offices such as the Sea to Sky Law Office and Westside Family Law. Tourism and Hospitality graduates have been hired by Best Western, the Sandman Hotel Group, Grouse Mountain Tourism, and more.
Click below to learn more about where our graduates are currently working. Please note that these lists do not cover every single business that has hired a Sprott Shaw graduate, but they do provide a good representation of the sort of industries that Sprott Shaw graduates are working in.