Request Info   

Have an question? Call 310-hire

Have a question?

Call 310-hire


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What are the prerequisites to enroll in Sprott Shaw College?

The prerequisites required to enroll in a program are Grade 12 or mature student status (over 19). Applicants must successfully complete an admissions interview along with an entrance assessment. (See the program listings for individual program prerequisites).

When is the deadline for enrollment?

We offer rolling start dates for all of our programs, meaning we have intakes of new students on a regular basis. Contact your local campus to find out the next start date.

What if I can’t afford to go to school?

Our Admissions Advisors are available to guide perspective students on exploring our many financial assistance options. Assistance is available to those who qualify, this may include, Canada Student Loans, Employment Insurance, Native Band and Child Care Subsidy, etc.

What if I cannot decide my area of study?

Our Admissions Advisors specialize in matching your career interests with your interests and the local job market.

How are Sprott Shaw advisors different?

Our Admissions Advisors have your best interests in mind without any hidden agendas. They will not pressure you into registering, they will give you the information you need to make an informed decision.

Is there Job Placement Assistance?

We have Employment Services Specialists at every campus that can assist you in finding employment, as well as creating cover letters, resumes and preparing for interviews. These services are available to Students and Alumni at no charge for life.

Do Sprott Shaw programs qualify for EI funding?

Yes, Sprott Shaw programs qualify for Employment Insurance (EI) or Employment Program of BC (EPBC) funding; however, every case is different. Please contact our Admissions Advisors to get help on how to get started.

Can you assist me in finding childcare?

All of our Admissions Advisors can assist you in finding local childcare centers near their campus. You can discuss this and any other issue you have with your advisor during the initial interview.

Do you offer Typing Speed Certification?

Many campuses offer typing speed assessments and certifications both to our students and the general public. Please contact your local campus to find out if they offer the service.

I need a copy of my Transcript or Diploma?

Please call the campus that you attended and/or graduated from or the nearest one to you to request a transcript or diploma.

How do I apply for a position with Sprott Shaw College?

To browse our employment opportunities or to apply for a position please visit our Employment Opportunities page. Only online applications submitted through the Employment Opportunities page will be accepted.

Where can I submit a job opportunity for your students?

To submit a job for our online job board click here or call the closest campus and ask to speak to the Employment Services Specialist for posting on the Campus Job Board.

Get in Touch With One of Our Advisors Today

Want to speak to someone regarding Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)?