Request Info   

Have an question? Call 310-hire

Have a question?

Call 310-hire

International Students

International Applications, Visas & Permits

Sprott Shaw College is a Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Designated Learning Institution. To apply for a study permit on or after June 1, 2014, you will need to include the Designated Learning Institution number (DLI #), which is the number that begins with the letter “O”, on your application form.

Our DLI# is O19278865162 and is registered with our Head Office in Burnaby, British Columbia.

For more information about the DLI, visit

Before you can apply to enter Canada as an international student, you must show proof that you have been accepted by Sprott Shaw College. If you are not a permanent resident or citizen of Canada and plan to study in Canada for more than six months, you will need a study permit.

For information about country-specific visa applications, study / work permits, visa extensions, and more, please choose one of the links below from the IRCC web site:


Study Permit

Temporary Resident Visa

Co-op/Internship Work Permit

Visitors Visa


Important: The content of the above links has been directed from the official Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website. Sprott Shaw College will not be responsible for the accuracy and any changes of the information at any point of time.

Outside of Quebec, graduates from private career college certificate and diploma programs are not eligible for Post Graduate Work Permits.