Online and On-Campus Delivery Options may be available!
This enhanced management program combines the Sprott Shaw College Business Administration Management content with the Harvard Business School HBSO Credential of Readiness (CORe)* courses.
This Harvard Business School program covers the fundamentals of business in a way that allows participants to understand how business works and to develop the skills necessary to increase their ability to contribute to an organization’s success.
HBSO CORe is a three-course cohort-based program designed to engage participants in active learning, whereby participants are expected to contribute to the learning of others.
Concepts are taught in the context of real-world situations, designed to transform abstract concepts into observable learning situations. Students will complete the three-course HBSO CORe program during the in-class instruction of their studies.
Graduates of this program will receive a diploma from Sprott Shaw College, as well as a Credential of Readiness from the Harvard Business School HBSO.
This program includes a Co-op placement. This placement enables the student to gain first-hand paid experience in the chosen career field while enabling Instructional staff to observe the student in a practice situation. Please note successful completion of the Co-op is required for graduation.
* Beyond the Credential of Readiness, Harvard Business School HBSO will not offer course or degree credits or any formal academic credential for the CORe program.
Business Administration Management with Co-op – HBX CORe graduates are able to:
- Develop strategic business plans
- Manage various digital marketing channels such as social media
- Develop and manage project plans
- Devise and execute effective negotiation strategies and sales presentations
- Perform accounting activities and analyze financial statements
- Evaluate return on investment for business operations or marketing activities
- Use SEO and web analytics to improve profitability
- Provide accurate forecasting and cash flow estimation
- Evaluate markets, demand, supply and cost
- Collect, process, and interpret data used to support business
- Create visual representations of data that allow you to recognize trends and detect outliers
- Define and calculate descriptive statistics to summarize data sets concisely
- Analyze relationships between two variables by creating scatter plots and calculating the correlation coefficient
- Model scenarios and analyze the impact of market changes by constructing supply and demand curves for individuals and markets
- Determine a revenue-maximizing pricing strategy using the concept of elasticity
- Evaluate techniques to learn about or increase demand and measure the tradeoffs and suitable applications of each approach
- Understand the accounting equation and demonstrate how different transactions impact it
- Define key accounting concepts and principles
- Understand where financial statement information originates by recording business transactions as journal entries
- Productively use MS Office including Word, Excel and Access
Grant and Scholarship Opportunities
Save on tuition with a variety of scholarship and grant options. Up to $4000 in scholarships and grants are available to recent high school graduates, Sprott Shaw alumni, military veterans, and more! Click here to browse our full list of grants and scholarships.
Related Harvard Business School Programs