This enhanced management program combines the Sprott Shaw College Business Administration Management content with the Harvard Business School Online HBSO Credential of Readiness (CORe)* courses.
This program covers the fundamentals of business in a way that allows participants to understand how business works and to develop the skills necessary to increase their ability to contribute to an organization’s success.
Harvard Business School Online (HBSO) CORe is a three-course cohort-based program designed to engage participants in active learning, whereby participants are expected to contribute to the learning of others. Concepts are taught in the context of real-world situations, designed to transform abstract concepts into observable learning situations. Students will complete the three-course HBSO CORe program during the in-class instruction of their studies.
Graduates of this program will receive a diploma from Sprott Shaw College, as well as a Credential of Readiness from the Harvard Business School HBSO.
Business Administration Management with Practicum- HBX CORe graduates are able to:
- Develop and manage project plans
- Devise and execute effective negotiation strategies and sales presentations
- Perform accounting activities and analyze financial statements
- Evaluate return on investment for business operations or marketing activities
- Use SEO and web analytics to improve profitability
- Provide accurate forecasting and cash flow estimation
- Evaluate markets, demand, supply and cost
- Collect, process, and interpret data used to support business
- Create visual representations of data that allow you to recognize trends and detect outliers
- Define and calculate descriptive statistics to summarize data sets concisely
- Analyze relationships between two variables by creating scatter plots and calculating the correlation coefficient
- Model scenarios and analyze the impact of market changes by constructing supply and demand curves for individuals and markets
- Determine a revenue-maximizing pricing strategy using the concept of elasticity
- Evaluate techniques to learn about or increase demand and measure the tradeoffs and suitable applications of each approach
- Understand the accounting equation and demonstrate how different transactions impact it
- Define key accounting concepts and principles
- Understand where financial statement information originates by recording business transactions as journal entries
- Productively use MS Office including Word, Excel and Access
- Communicate effectively using various communication channels
This program includes a practicum placement. This experience within a workplace enables Instructional staff to observe the student in a practice situation while providing the student with the opportunity to gain direct exposure to the chosen career field.
* Beyond the Credential of Readiness, Harvard Business School HBSO will not offer course or degree credits or any formal academic credential for the CORe program.
Grant and Scholarship Opportunities
Save on tuition with a variety of scholarship and grant options. Up to $4000 in scholarships and grants are available to recent high school graduates, Sprott Shaw alumni, military veterans, and more! Click here to browse our full list of grants and scholarships.
Where Are Sprott Shaw Graduates Working?
Our Business, Marketing, and Cybersecurity graduates can be found working throughout the province. Graduates of our business & marketing programs can be found working for a diverse range of businesses from law and real estate offices to positions with the Government of Canada and Canada Post.
Click below to learn more about where our graduates are currently working. Please note that these lists do not cover every single business that has hired a Sprott Shaw graduate, but they do provide a good representation of the sort of industries that Sprott Shaw graduates are working in.
Related Harvard Business School Online Programs