This enhanced management program combines the Sprott Shaw College Business Administration Management content with Harvard Business School’s HBSO Credential of Readiness (CORe)* courses.
This program covers the fundamentals of business in a way that allows participants to understand how business works and to develop the skills necessary to increase their ability to contribute to an organization’s success.
HBSO CORe is a three-course cohort-based program designed to engage participants in active learning, whereby participants are expected to contribute to the learning of others. Concepts are taught in the context of real-world situations, designed to transform abstract concepts into observable learning situations. Students will complete the three-course HBSO CORe program during the in-class instruction of their studies.
Graduates of this program will receive a diploma from Sprott Shaw College, as well as a Credential of Readiness from the Harvard Business School HBSO.
Business Administration Management with Practicum- HBX CORe graduates are able to:
- Develop and manage project plans
- Devise and execute effective negotiation strategies and sales presentations
- Perform accounting activities and analyze financial statements
- Evaluate return on investment for business operations or marketing activities
- Use SEO and web analytics to improve profitability
- Provide accurate forecasting and cash flow estimation
- Evaluate markets, demand, supply and cost
- Collect, process, and interpret data used to support business
- Create visual representations of data that allow you to recognize trends and detect outliers
- Define and calculate descriptive statistics to summarize data sets concisely
- Analyze relationships between two variables by creating scatter plots and calculating the correlation coefficient
- Model scenarios and analyze the impact of market changes by constructing supply and demand curves for individuals and markets
- Determine a revenue-maximizing pricing strategy using the concept of elasticity
- Evaluate techniques to learn about or increase demand and measure the tradeoffs and suitable applications of each approach
- Understand the accounting equation and demonstrate how different transactions impact it
- Define key accounting concepts and principles
- Understand where financial statement information originates by recording business transactions as journal entries
- Productively use MS Office including Word, Excel and Access
- Communicate effectively using various communication channels
This program includes a practicum placement. This experience within a workplace enables Instructional staff to observe the student in a practice situation while providing the student with the opportunity to gain direct exposure to the chosen career field.
* Beyond the Credential of Readiness, Harvard Business School HBSO will not offer course or degree credits or any formal academic credential for the CORe program.