Learn from Home!
During this period, we are now offering an online admissions process and online learning for many of our programs. Through virtual “face-to-face” instructor-led classes, students will experience interactive learning in the comfort and safety of your home. Contact us to find out more.
This enhanced management program combines the Sprott Shaw College Business Administration Management content with Harvard Business School’s HBSO Credential of Readiness (CORe)* courses.
This program covers the fundamentals of business in a way that allows participants to understand how business works and to develop the skills necessary to increase their ability to contribute to an organization’s success.
HBSO CORe is a three-course cohort-based program designed to engage participants in active learning, whereby participants are expected to contribute to the learning of others. Concepts are taught in the context of real-world situations, designed to transform abstract concepts into observable learning situations. Students will complete the three-course HBSO CORe program during the in-class instruction of their studies.
Graduates of this program will receive a diploma from Sprott Shaw College, as well as a Credential of Readiness from the Harvard Business School HBSO.
Business Administration Management with Practicum- HBX CORe graduates are able to:
- Develop and manage project plans
- Devise and execute effective negotiation strategies and sales presentations
- Perform accounting activities and analyze financial statements
- Evaluate return on investment for business operations or marketing activities
- Use SEO and web analytics to improve profitability
- Provide accurate forecasting and cash flow estimation
- Evaluate markets, demand, supply and cost
- Collect, process, and interpret data used to support business
- Create visual representations of data that allow you to recognize trends and detect outliers
- Define and calculate descriptive statistics to summarize data sets concisely
- Analyze relationships between two variables by creating scatter plots and calculating the correlation coefficient
- Model scenarios and analyze the impact of market changes by constructing supply and demand curves for individuals and markets
- Determine a revenue-maximizing pricing strategy using the concept of elasticity
- Evaluate techniques to learn about or increase demand and measure the tradeoffs and suitable applications of each approach
- Understand the accounting equation and demonstrate how different transactions impact it
- Define key accounting concepts and principles
- Understand where financial statement information originates by recording business transactions as journal entries
- Productively use MS Office including Word, Excel and Access
- Communicate effectively using various communication channels
This program includes a practicum placement. This experience within a workplace enables Instructional staff to observe the student in a practice situation while providing the student with the opportunity to gain direct exposure to the chosen career field.
* Beyond the Credential of Readiness, Harvard Business School HBSO will not offer course or degree credits or any formal academic credential for the CORe program.