The Global Marketing Management with Co-op – HBSO CORe diploma program is an international marketing program that combines Sprott Shaws’ relationship with two partners i.e., the Forum for International Trade Training (FITT), and Harvard Business School’s HBSO Credential of Readiness (CORe).
This diploma program focuses on the development of business understanding, both domestically and internationally; emphasizing the skills necessary to align processes and resources and to improve communication, productivity and effectiveness.
The students of this program benefit from the partnership with the Forum for International Trade Training (FITT). FITT focuses on the practical aspects of international business, including logistics, nation-by-nation marketing opportunities, trade finance, market entry strategies and international management techniques.
All FITT skills courses meet the standards of international business and trade training as prescribed by the International Association of Trade Training Organizations (IATTO).
Successful completion of all eight FITT skills courses provides the student with a FITT Diploma, accredited by IATTO and satisfies the educational requirement for the CITP (Certified International Trade Professional) designation*.
The second partnership is with the Harvard Business School HBSO Credential of Readiness (CORe) which provides business fundamentals for early-career high potentials and aspiring leaders to improve on the job performance.
The CORe curriculum includes Business Analytics, Economics for Managers and Financial Accounting. Students will complete the three-course HBSO CORe program during the co-op module of their studies.
This program includes a Co-op placement. This placement enables the student to gain first hand paid experience in the chosen career field while enabling Instructional staff to observe the student in a practice situation. Please note successful completion of the Co-op is required for graduation
*The CITP designation is earned by obtaining the FITT diploma and meeting standards and requirements set by FITT. These requirements are:
- Complete the educational requirement by achieving the FITT diploma
- Complete or prove a minimum of one year, full-time, international trade work experience
- Agree to the Standards of Ethical Conduct
- Pay the annual dues and maintain the membership in good standing
- Engage in ongoing professional development
For more information please visit www.fitt.ca or contact email@example.com
Students who complete this program will be able to:
- Assess the impact of various economic, legal, cultural,
- geographical and political systems on domestic and international business
- Conduct business in compliance with relevant national and international law, legislation, policies, and regulations
- Apply computer skills and knowledge to support business functions
- Apply the importing and exporting functions used in business in the context of domestic and international trade
- Collect, process, and interpret data used to support business
- Adapt business concepts and processes from diverse populations and using culturally appropriate methods
- Assess the contribution of individual and team assignments involving diverse memberships
- Develop international marketing, financial and human resource strategies
- Apply financial knowledge and skills to the business operations
- Develop strategies to utilize domestic and foreign government programs, policies, and agencies to facilitate international trade
- Discuss the business advantages of multilingualism in regards to doing business in a global environment
- Create visual representations of data that allow you to recognize trends and detect outliers
- Define and calculate descriptive statistics to summarize data sets concisely
- Determine an adequate sample size, explain the importance of random sampling, and craft sound survey questions to create representative samples
- Model scenarios and analyze the impact of market changes by constructing supply and demand curves for individuals and markets
- Determine a revenue-maximizing pricing strategy using the concept of elasticity
- Evaluate techniques to learn about or increase demand and measure the tradeoffs and suitable applications of each approach
- Predict market structure by examining various costs and cost structures
Why Study At Sprott Shaw?
- Lifetime access to dedicated Employment Services Specialists (ESS) who can help you with resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, and the overall job search after graduation
- Lifetime tuition-free access to course refreshers if you ever need to retrain and update your skills
- Practicum opportunities with recognized organizations across BC
- Multiple start dates so you can start your education when you want to without the wait
- Career and professional development success courses to help create a career development marketing plan, learn the cardinal rules of professionalism, and identify the target markets and employment resources in the counselling field
- Preparation and orientation courses to teach you how to find credible research, write papers, create proper citation formats including APA, and study effectively for exams
- All-inclusive program costs where what you see is what you pay. Our costs include registration fees, assessment fees, tuition, textbooks, supplies, course materials, uniforms, certificates, graduation fees, practicum fees, and much more
- Grant and scholarship opportunities are available to help you save on tuition. Up to $4000 in scholarships and grants are open to recent high school graduates, Sprott Shaw alumni, military veterans, and more! Click here to browse our full list of grants and scholarships.
Where Are Sprott Shaw Graduates Working?
Our Business, Marketing, and Cybersecurity graduates can be found working throughout the province. Graduates of our business & marketing programs can be found working for a diverse range of businesses from law and real estate offices to positions with the Government of Canada and Canada Post.
Click below to learn more about where our graduates are currently working. Please note that these lists do not cover every single business that has hired a Sprott Shaw graduate, but they do provide a good representation of the sort of industries that Sprott Shaw graduates are working in.
Related Business Programs