Build the foundation for a career in hospitality with our Hospitality Industry Professional with Co-op Program
This program is eligible for a $3,000 scholarship. Contact an advisor to learn more.
The hospitality industry is one of BC’s leading industries. Students who choose to study this program will be prepared to pursue successful careers at hotels, cruise ships, excursions, wineries, and various other attractions in the tourism and hospitality industry.
During this 45-week program, students will take the Hospitality Core, Hospitality Today, and Hospitality Service Delivery course as well as 10 weeks of electives that build upon essential business skills. Throughout the program, students will experience hands-on training in courses where they will have the opportunity to apply learned knowledge into real-life scenarios.
In the Hospitality Core course, students will develop their critical thinking and presentation skills as well as learn the basics of hospitality. In the Hospitality Today course, students will gain an understanding of the general hospitality service standards today. In the Hospitality Service Delivery course, students will build on their general hospitality service standards and earn their FOODSAFE and Guest Service Gold Certificates and become START Restaurant Service Certified. Other earned certifications will depend on the electives taken by the student.
All Sprott Shaw Hospitality Programs incorporate the AHLEI (American Hotel & Lodging Education Institute) which is an organization recognized worldwide.
Why Study At Sprott Shaw?
- Lifetime access to dedicated Employment Services Specialists (ESS) who can help you with resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, and the overall job search after graduation
- Lifetime tuition-free access to course refreshers if you ever need to retrain and update your skills
- Co-op opportunities with recognized organizations across BC including Parq Vancouver, River Rock Casino, Rosewood Hotel Georgia, Best Western Hotels, Delta Hotels, and more
- Multiple start dates so you can start your education when you want to without the wait
- All-inclusive tuition where what you see is what you pay. Our tuition includes registration fees, assessment fees, tuition, textbooks, supplies, course materials, uniforms, certificates, graduation fees, co-op fees, and much more
- Career and professional development success courses to help create a career development marketing plan, learn the cardinal rules of professionalism, and identify the target markets and employment resources for the hospitality industry
- Certificates including FOODSAFE, Guest Service Gold, and START Restaurant Service
- Preparation and orientation courses to teach you how to find credible research, write papers, create proper citation formats including APA, and study effectively for exams
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Provide responsible and professional hospitality services
- Apply the principles and practices of guest and customer services
- Prepare presentation materials, compile data and research
- Communicate effectively using various communication channels