Start learning from home today with Summer classes!
We know it’s a challenging time, but you don’t have to put your life on hold. At Sprott Shaw, new and incoming students can register through our online admissions process and start learning online with many of our programs. Through remote “face-to-face” instructor-led classes, students can experience interactive learning in the comfort and safety of their own homes. Contact us to learn more.
This diploma provides relevant knowledge, the necessary skills and education, and an understanding of the current trends in the hotel and hospitality industry in order to pursue or enhance employment opportunities. Successful graduates will receive the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) certificate.
This program includes a Co-op placement. This placement enables the student to gain first-hand paid experience in the chosen career field while enabling Instructional staff to observe the student in a practice situation. Please note successful completion of the Co-op is required for graduation.
- Demonstrate leadership competencies
- Provide responsible and professional food and beverage services
- Supervise front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house hotel and
- restaurant operations
- Analyze emerging hospitality industry trends and innovations
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving techniques to make sound management decisions and recommendations
- Productively use MS Office including Word, Excel and Access
- Communicate effectively using various communication channels