This diploma provides relevant knowledge, the necessary skills and education, and an understanding of the current trends in the hotel and hospitality industry in order to pursue or enhance employment opportunities. Successful graduates will receive the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) certificate.
This program includes a Co-op placement. This placement enables the student to gain first-hand paid experience in the chosen career field while enabling Instructional staff to observe the student in a practice situation. Please note successful completion of the Co-op is required for graduation.
- Demonstrate leadership competencies
- Provide responsible and professional food and beverage services
- Supervise front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house hotel and
- restaurant operations
- Analyze emerging hospitality industry trends and innovations
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving techniques to make sound management decisions and recommendations
- Productively use MS Office including Word, Excel and Access
- Communicate effectively using various communication channels