Learn from Home!
During this period, we are now offering an online admissions process and online learning for many of our programs. Through remote “face-to-face” instructor-led classes, students will experience interactive learning in the comfort and safety of your home. Contact us to find out more.
This diploma provides relevant knowledge, the necessary skills and education, and an understanding of the current trends in the hotel and hospitality industry in order to pursue or enhance employment opportunities. Successful graduates will receive the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) certificate.
This program includes a practicum placement. This experience within a workplace enables Instructional staff to observe the student in a practice situation while providing the student with the opportunity to gain direct exposure to the chosen career field.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership competencies
- Provide responsible and professional food and beverage services
- Supervise front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house hotel and restaurant operations
- Analyze emerging hospitality industry trends and innovations
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving techniques to make sound management decisions and recommendations
- Productively use MS Office including Word, Excel and Access
- Communicate effectively using various communication channels