This diploma provides for an advanced level in hospitality management, including courses related to human resource management (HRM) in the hotel and hospitality industry. From designing jobs and descriptions to employee recruitment, training, retention and evaluation, HR information system management and touches on workplace environment issues such as safety, harassment, disparate treatment and business ethics.
Graduates from this program also earn the AHLA (American Hotel and Lodging Association) diploma.
This program includes a Co-op placement. This placement enables the student to gain first hand paid experience in the chosen career field while enabling Instructional staff to observe the student in a practice situation. Please note successful completion of the Co-op is required for graduation.
- Demonstrate leadership competencies
- Evaluate financial information and financial implications related to business decisions
- Provide responsible and professional food and beverage services
- Supervise front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house hotel and restaurant operations
- Manage human relations issues
- Prepare marketing plans and communication strategies
- Analyze emerging hospitality industry trends and innovations
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving techniques to make sound management decisions and recommendations
- Productively use MS Office including Word, Excel and Access
- Communicate effectively using various communication channels