Build the foundation for a career in hospitality with our Hospitality Service with Co-op program
The hospitality industry is one of BC’s leading industries. During this 27-week entry-level program, students will build and develop their general knowledge of the hospitality industry.
Students will also gain essential workforce entry skills including Serving It Right, Guest Service Gold, and FOODSAFE as well as receive their Restaurant Server Credentials.
Why Study At Sprott Shaw?
- Lifetime access to dedicated Employment Services Specialists (ESS) who can help you with resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, and the overall job search after graduation
- Lifetime tuition-free access to course refreshers if you ever need to retrain and update your skills
- Co-op opportunities with recognized organizations across BC in the customer service sector
- Multiple start dates so you can start your education when you want to without the wait
- All-inclusive tuition where what you see is what you pay. Our tuition includes registration fees, assessment fees, tuition, textbooks, supplies, course materials, uniforms, certificates, graduation fees, co-op fees, and much more
- Career and professional development success courses to help create a career development marketing plan, learn the cardinal rules of professionalism, and identify the target markets and employment resources for the hospitality industry
- Certificates including FOODSAFE, Guest Service Gold, and START Restaurant Service
- Preparation and orientation courses to teach you how to find credible research, write papers, create proper citation formats including APA, and study effectively for exams
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Provide responsible and professional hospitality services
- Apply the principles and practices of guest and customer services
- Prepare presentation materials, compile data and research
- Communicate effectively using various communication channels