This program combines the general business knowledge of the Business Administration program with the specialization of the Tourism / Hospitality Management program.
Graduates from this program also earn AHLA (American Hotel and Lodging Association) certification.
This program includes a Co-op placement. This placement enables the student to gain first hand paid experience in the chosen career field while enabling Instructional staff to observe the student in a practice situation. Please note successful completion of the Co-op is required for graduation.
- Demonstrate leadership competencies
- Provide responsible and professional hospitality services
- Supervise front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house hotel and restaurant operations
- Analyze emerging hospitality industry trends and innovations
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving techniques to make sound management decisions and recommendations
- Describe the size and scope of the tourism industry
- Describe and understand the five sectors of the tourism/hospitality industry and their economic impact
- Apply the principles and practices of guest and customer services
- Productively use industry software including SABRE
- Communicate effectively using various communication channels