Have an question? Call 310-hire
The Sprott Shaw College Business Administration Management – HBSO CORe diploma program enhances our existing Sprott Shaw College’s Business Administration Management program with the Harvard Business School’s HBSO Credential of Readiness (CORe), providing a foundational understanding of business operations which equips graduates to manage activities in a wide variety of industries. Many graduates find opportunities directing small and medium sized businesses or providing departmental support in larger organizations.
People planning to work in this competitive field require strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Those who have developed skills in these areas will be better prepared to compete for jobs. With additional experience or training, progression to management positions is possible.
The HBSO Harvard Business School Credential of Readiness (CORe) provides business fundamentals for early-career high potentials and aspiring leaders to improve on the job performance. The CORe curriculum includes Business Analytics, Economics for Managers and Financial Accounting.
This program covers the fundamentals of business in a way that allows participants to understand how business works and develop the skills necessary to increase their ability to contribute to the organization’s success.
HBSO CORe is a three-course cohort-based program designed to engage participants in active learning, whereby participants are expected to contribute to the learning of others. Concepts are taught in the context of real world situations, designed to transform abstract concepts into observable learning situations. Students will complete the three-course HBSO CORe program during the in-class instruction of their studies.
Graduates of this program will receive a diploma from Sprott Shaw College, as well as a Credential of Readiness from the Harvard Business School HBSO.
NOTE: Beyond the Credential of Readiness, Harvard Business School HBSO will not offer course or degree credits or any formal academic credential for the CORe program.
This program will be delivered online in both synchronous and asynchronous formats. It is therefore important that you have access to a computer and working environment with the following characteristics:
• Recommended hardware – Dual core 2.64 GHz processor with 2 GB RAM
• Microsoft 7 or Vista operating system
• High speed internet connection – cable or ADSL
• Web camera/High Definition video camera – MS Lifecam series, Logitech C500 or 900 series
• Headset with microphone
• MS Office Suite 2007 or 2010 preferred
Instructors are available at all times for schedules classes and by email (response within 24 hours). Additionally, students can usually access instructors prior to class or just after class end.
• Computer basics/file management
• Goal setting, note taking, problem solving, team work
• Overview of policies & procedures
• Demonstrate ability to use MS Word and MS PowerPoint
• Introduction to the basic elements of digital marketing, their meaning, use and importance.
• Understand the fundamental components of Internet Infrastructure.
• Apply design principles which consider traditional and mobile devices when planning a web site.
• Optimize a website design using effective layout techniques and SEO principles.
• Learning how to choose the right social media platforms and how best t utilize the features offered by those platforms is the primary focus of this course.
• Use blogging effectively as a marketing tool.
• Understand how display advertising fits into marketing strategies.
• Review techniques to enhance social media marketing to maximize exposure.