Have an question? Call 310-hire
The Sprott Shaw College Global Marketing Management with Coop – HBSO CORe diploma program enhances our existing Sprott Shaw College’s Global Marketing Management program with the Harvard Business School’s HBSO Credential of Readiness (CORe). This program focuses on the development of business understanding, both domestically and internationally; emphasizing the skills necessary to align processes and resources and to improve communication, productivity and effectiveness.
Employment growth projections vary considerably between occupations. These variations will depend mainly on the prospects for economic growth in each industrial sector, but will also depend on each industry’s business structure and on the impact technology has on middle management functions in large organizations. Managers are found throughout all industries and government. There is a great variation not only in the work settings but also in the working conditions among these managerial groups. Managers plan, organize, direct and control the activities of the branch or department for which they are responsible or the business they operate. They also develop and implement policies and systems for their branch or department.
This program includes FITT skills program which focuses on the practical aspects of international business, including logistics, nation-by-nation marketing opportunities, trade finance, market entry strategies and international management techniques. All FITT skills courses meet the standards of international business and trade training as prescribed by the International Association of Trade Training Organizations (IATTO). Successful completion of all eight FITT skills courses provides the student with a FITT Diploma, accredited by IATTO and satisfies the educational equirement for the CITP (Certified International Trade Professional) designation.
Sprott Shaw College has partnered with FITT to offer the FITTskills program. FITT (Forum for International Trade Training) is an international trade training and professional certification body. FITTskills is a highly practical, hands-on series of courses that focus on the fundamental aspects of international business. Students may register for these courses as part of our International Trade programs. Upon successful completion of all eight (8)
The CITP designation is earned by obtaining the FITT diploma and meeting standards and requirements set by FITT.
These requirements are:
• Complete the educational requirement by achieving the FITT diploma;
• Complete or prove a minimum of one year, full-time, international trade work experience;
• Agree to the Standards of Ethical Conduct;
• Pay the annual dues and maintain the membership in good standing; and
• Engage in ongoing professional development.
For more information please visit www.fitt.ca or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Harvard Business School HBSO Credential of Readiness (CORe) provides business fundamentals for early-career high potentials and aspiring leaders to improve on the job performance. The CORe curriculum includes Business Analytics, Economics for Managers and Financial Accounting.
This program covers the fundamentals of business in a way that allows participants to understand how business works and develop the skills necessary to increase their ability to contribute to the organization’s success.
HBSO CORe is a three-course cohort-based program designed to engage participants in active learning, whereby participants are expected to contribute to the learning of others. Concepts are taught in the context of real world situations, designed to transform abstract concepts into observable learning situations. Students will complete the three-course HBSO CORe program during the co-op module of their studies.
Graduates of this program will receive a diploma from Sprott Shaw College, as well as a Credential of Readiness from the Harvard Business School HBX.
NOTE: Beyond the Credential of Readiness, Harvard Business School HBSO will not offer course or degree credits or any formal academic credential for the CORe program.
This program will be delivered online in both synchronous and asynchronous formats. It is therefore important that you have access to a computer and working environment with the following characteristics:
• Recommended hardware – Dual core 2.64 GHz processor with 2 GB RAM
• Microsoft 7 or Vista operating system
• High speed internet connection – cable or ADSL
• Web camera/High Definition video camera – MS Lifecam series, Logitech C500 or 900 series
• Headset with microphone
• MS Office Suite 2007 or 2010 preferred
Instructors are available at all times for scheduled classes and by email (response within 24 hours). Additionally, students can usually access instructors prior to class or just after class end.
• Mandatory schedule of alternating class sessions and work terms.
• Adherence to the program scheduling format is mandatory and is designed to provide the prospective candidate with valuable exposure to language usage in a work setting.
• The alternating classroom sessions allow the student to maximize the lessons taught within the curriculum.
• Computer basics/file management
• Goal setting, note taking, problem solving, team work
• Overview of policies & procedures
• Demonstrate ability to use MS Word and MS PowerPoint