Have an question? Call 310-hire
This graduate program focuses on the development of business understanding, both domestically and internationally, considering the structure of the modern business environment. The curriculum emphasizes the skills necessary to align processes and resources to improve communication, productivity and effectiveness.
Sprott Shaw College Global Business Management graduates are able to:
• Assess the impact of various economic, legal, cultural, geographical and political systems on domestic and international business
• Conduct business in compliance with relevant national and international law, legislation, policies, and regulations
• Apply computer skills and knowledge to support business functions
• Apply the importing and exporting functions used in business in the context of domestic and international trade
• Collect, process, and interpret data used to support business
• Adapt business concepts and processes for diverse populations using culturally appropriate methods
• Assess the contribution of individual and team assignments involving diverse memberships
• Develop international marketing, financial and human resource strategies
• Apply financial knowledge and skills to the business operations
• Develop strategies to utilize domestic and foreign government programs, policies, and agencies to facilitate international trade
• Discuss the business advantages of multilingualism in regards to doing business in a global environment
The program prepares graduates for a wide range of career opportunities in business, industry and government. The importance of enterprising skills and opportunities will be a focal point throughout the program.
This program will be delivered online in both synchronous and asynchronous formats. It is therefore important that you have access to a computer and working environment with the following characteristics:
• Recommended hardware – Dual core 2.64 GHz processor with 2 GB RAM
• Microsoft 7 or Vista operating system
• High speed internet connection – cable or ADSL
• Web camera/High Definition video camera – MS Lifecam series, Logitech C500 or 900 series
• Headset with microphone
• MS Office Suite 2007 or 2010 preferred
Instructors are available at all times for scheduled classes and by email (response within 24 hours). Additionally, students can usually access instructors prior to class or just after class end.
• Describe the importance of managerial accounting
• Differentiate between variable and fixed, as well as direct and indirect costs
• Application of skills and knowledge acquired during the academic component of the program into an analysis of a company or industry.
• Mandatory schedule of alternating class sessions and work terms.
• Adherence to the program scheduling format is mandatory and is designed to provide the prospective candidate with valuable exposure to language usage in a work setting.
• The alternating classroom sessions allow the student to maximize the lessons taught within the curriculum.
• Computer basics/file management
• Goal setting, note taking, problem solving, team work
• Overview of policies & procedures
• Demonstrate ability to use MS Word and MS PowerPoint
• Introduction to the basic elements of digital marketing, their meaning, use and importance.
• Understand the fundamental components of Internet Infrastructure.
• Apply design principles which consider traditional and mobile devices when planning a web site.
• Optimize a website design using effective layout techniques and SEO principles.
• Learning how to choose the right social media platforms and how best t utilize the features offered by those platforms is the primary focus of this course.
• Use blogging effectively as a marketing tool.
• Understand how display advertising fits into marketing strategies.
• Review techniques to enhance social media marketing to maximize exposure.