Have an question? Call 310-hire
The Sprott Shaw College Global Business Management with Coop – HBX CORe post graduate diploma program enhances our existing Sprott Shaw Colleges Global Business Management program with the Harvard Business School’s HBX Credential of Readiness (CORe). This graduate program focuses on the development of business understanding, both domestically and internationally, considering the structure of the modern business environment. The curriculum emphasizes the skills necessary to align processes and resources to improve communication, productivity and effectiveness.
The program prepares graduates for a wide range of career opportunities in business, industry and government. The importance of enterpriswing skills and opportunities will be a focal point throughout the program.
The Harvard Business School HBX Credential of Readiness (CORe) provides business fundamentals for early-career high potentials and aspiring leaders to improve on the job performance. The CORe curriculum includes Business Analytics, Economics for Managersand Financial Accounting.
This program covers the fundamentals of business in a way that allows participants to understand how business works and develop the skills necessary to increase their ability to contribute to the organization’s success.
HBX CORe is a three-course cohort-based program designed to engage participants in active learning, whereby participants are expected to contribute to the learning of others. Concepts
are taught in the context of real world situations, designed to transform abstract concepts into observable learning situations. Students will complete the three-course HBX CORe program during the co-op module of their studies.
Graduates of this program will receive a diploma from Sprott Shaw College, as well as a Credential of Readiness from the Harvard Business School HBX.
NOTE: Beyond the Credential of Readiness, Harvard Business School HBX will not offer course or degree credits or any formal academic credential for the CORe program. This program will be delivered online in both synchronous and asynchronous formats. It is therefore important that you have access to a computer and working environment with the following characteristics:
• Recommended hardware – Dual core 2.64 GHz processor with 2 GB RAM
• Microsoft 7 or Vista operating system
• High speed internet connection – cable or ADSL
• Web camera/High Definition video camera – MS Lifecam series, Logitech C500 or 900 series
• Headset with microphone
• MS Office Suite 2007 or 2010 preferred
Instructors are available at all times for scheduled classes and by email (response within 24 hours). Additionally, students can usually access instructors prior to class or just after class end.
• Application of skills and knowledge acquired during the academic component of the program into an analysis of a company or industry.
• Mandatory schedule of alternating class sessions and work terms.
• Adherence to the program scheduling format is mandatory and is designed to provide the prospective candidate with valuable exposure to language usage in a work setting.
• The alternating classroom sessions allow the student to maximize the lessons taught within the curriculum.
• Computer basics/file management
• Goal setting, note taking, problem solving, team work
• Overview of policies & procedures
• Demonstrate ability to use MS Word and MS PowerPoint
• Introduction to the basic elements of digital marketing, their meaning, use and importance.
• Understand the fundamental components of Internet Infrastructure.
• Apply design principles which consider traditional and mobile devices when planning a web site.
• Optimize a website design using effective layout techniques and SEO principles.
• Learning how to choose the right social media platforms and how best t utilize the features offered by those platforms is the primary focus of this course.
• Use blogging effectively as a marketing tool.
• Understand how display advertising fits into marketing strategies.
• Review techniques to enhance social media marketing to maximize exposure.