Have a question? Call 310-hire
Everyone has a large list of things to get done during the week, which is causing stress in our lives. If you feel like you are juggling all of your responsibilities you need to find healthy ways to release this stress; this will help you focus on the task at hand and see the bigger picture rather than an ever increasing to do list. Some people don’t even notice that they are stressed and use avoidance techniques to deal.
You can use various methods to help you release the stress you feel in a healthy way. Consider the following methods for stress management:
1. Take a break from whatever is stressing you out and focus on or do something else for half an hour. Do not switch to something that will completely derail you from the task at hand.
2. Exercising can be a good stress reliever. By being active, including walking and jogging, you can make yourself feel better and increase your feel good endorphins.
3. Write about how you feel and put your ideas in a journal. This can help you see what triggers your stress and give you an outlet for your feelings.
4. Listen to music; this can be relaxing or uplifting depending on the tune.
5. Plan ahead in all aspects of your life, such as school, personal, and work. Making a list of things to get done and the dates they need to be completed can be helpful. Having a list for you to check off can be empowering and motivating. It can also keep the procrastinators from putting off those undesirable tasks.
Stress is a normal part of life and you can take healthy steps to reduce it. Check out the websites below if you would like to read about what causes stress and ways to deal with it in a positive way.
To learn more: