Reporting to the College Director with a dotted line to the Employment Services Manager, the Employment Services Specialist supports current students by facilitating job search training, following up with future graduates with solid career development advice and monitoring students’ progress on student loan repayment. This is an on-going open call for applications. You will only be contacted should you qualify for a position that is available. Please apply using the form below.
Part-time Employment Services Specialist:
- 1/3 to 2/3 facilitating or doing another position such as administration (or whatever other role needed provided qualifications for the position match)
- If facilitating, either morning or afternoon, perform Employment Services Specialist duties in the alternate time
- If facilitating full time for a block, the next block will be used to perform Employment Services Specialist duties
Full-time Employment Services Specialist:
- Facilitate four classes: Foundations for Success, Foundations for Technologies, Career Development and Management, and Dynamics of Customer Service. Note: if it is not a class given only a “complete”, qualifications must match instructor qualifications
- Evaluate current Career Planning and Management course and provide input to improve product given to our graduates
- Maintain current labour market information in areas where SSC provides training
- Provide input to Employment Services Specialist Manager on labour market information, placement results by program, and other relevant information for the purposes of evaluating current curriculum content
- Create and maintain a campus job board by calling employers, want ads, and being involved in community events and organizations
- Organize job fairs at the campus with local employers
- Set up a resume database of all students and ensure our Global Career Centre is included
- Promote the “Hire our Grads” link from the SCC website to all employers who post leads
- Follow up, document and verify status of all graduates until employment is obtained
- Conduct in-person interviews with students re: resumes, interviews, etc.
- Follow all directions in procedures to conduct the exit interview, specifically the student loan repayment procedures and data entering into FAST
- Follow up with graduates regarding their student loan payments
- Develop, implement and/or maintain a database of graduate employment activity for all graduates
- Create an employment statistics report every month for each campus as assigned which includes all required information to use in the compiling of reports for regulatory bodies
- Prepare for the graduation ceremonies with the help of the Convocation Coordinator.
- The College Director, PN Coordinator or the Employment Services Specialist give employers academic reference
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- Completion of the BC Certified Career Development Practitioner designation or in the field of study
- At least two years’ experience in the career development field
- Proven computer ability – certificate or diploma in Office software applications OR letter(s) of confirmation of minimum two years’ experience from previous employers required
- Experience in Adult Education an asset
- Knowledge of Canada Student Loans and Student Aid BC policies and procedures an asset
- Knowledge of MS Office and Database Systems
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Service
- Cold Calling