Online and On-Campus Delivery Options may be available!
International Trade program graduates compile, verify, record and process forms and documents, such as applications, licenses, permits, contracts, registrations and requisitions, in accordance with established procedures, guidelines and schedules. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
FITT equips individuals and businesses with the practical skills they need to succeed in today’s competitive global marketplace.
As Canada’s international trade training and professional certification body – and the leading membership-based organization of its kind in the world – FITT sets the standards and designs the training programs for the professional designation.
FITTs quality training programs impart knowledge and practical skills that trade practitioners can apply immediately – providing competitive advantage and elevating their position in world markets. FITT: strengthening your hand in international trade.
FITT international trade training makes good business sense. Employers will know you have solid international business skills and experience, with the credentials to prove it.
FITT has tapped into years of proven trade expertise and packaged it in a comprehensive, step-by-step training program which gives participants the confidence and know-how to succeed in international trade.
The International Trade program gives the student the necessary skills to be competitive in today’s job market.
Sprott Shaw College has partnered with FITT to offer the FITTskills program. FITT (Forum for International Trade Training) is an international trade training and professional certification body. As the only organization of its kind in the world, FITT sets the standards and designs the training programs leading to the Certified International Trade Professional (CITP) designation.
FITTskills is a highly practical, hands-on series of courses that focus on the fundamental aspects of international business. Students may register for these courses as part of our International Trade programs.
Upon successful completion of each of the six (6) courses, students can elect to write an exam administered by the Forum for International Trade Training (FITT) in pursuit of an additional FITT Diploma in International Trade, which fulfills the educational requirement of the CITP designation.
The CITP designation is earned by obtaining the FITT diploma and meeting standards and requirements set by FITT. These requirements are:
- Complete the educational requirement by achieving the FITT diploma
- Complete or prove a minimum of one year, full-time, international trade work experience
- Agree to the Standards of Ethical Conduct
- Pay the annual dues and maintain the membership in good standing
- Engage in ongoing professional development
For more information, please visit www.fitt.ca or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon completion of International Trade, students will be able to:
- Prepare and process import/export documents and other forms
- Adhere to customs regulations, laws and procedures
- Arrange for the payment of fees associated with transporting, storing and importing goods
- Provide advice to clients on export and import restrictions, tariff systems, letters of credit, insurance requirements and other customs-related matters
- Productively use MS Office, including Word, Excel and Access
- Communicate effectively using various communication channels
Grant and Scholarship Opportunities
Save on tuition with a variety of scholarship and grant options. Up to $4000 in scholarships and grants are available to recent high school graduates, Sprott Shaw alumni, military veterans, and more! Click here to browse our full list of grants and scholarships.
Similar International Trade Programs