Request Info   

Have an question? Call 310-hire

Have a question?

Call 310-hire

Privacy Policy

Privacy Policy

Personal Information

The Personal Information Protection Act (the “Act”) governs the way private sector organizations in British Columbia collect, use, disclose and secure personal information. Personal information means all information about an identifiable individual, but does not include business contact information such as the name, position, business telephone, e-mail, and fax numbers of an individual.

Privacy Commitment

At Sprott Shaw we are committed to respecting your right to privacy. We acknowledge the sensitivity of personal information which may be provided to us in the course of our business. We recognize our responsibility for ensuring the confidentiality and security of your personal information in our custody and control. Ensuring the accuracy of your personal information is our joint responsibility.

We conduct our business in compliance with the terms of the Act. This Policy outlines in general terms the principles the Company applies in protecting the personal information of current, past and prospective students and customers that comes within our custody or control.

Student/Customer Information

We collect student/customer personal information for the following purposes:

  • to provide education and training services;
  • to provide career counselling and program selection services;
  • to assist students in securing funding for education and training programs;
  • to facilitate student career placement opportunities;
  • to maintain financial and business records related to the provision of these services.

We limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for identified purposes and as permitted by law.

Examples of personal information we may collect in order to provide these services to students or prospective students include: name, home address and telephone; identification verification numbers such as birth date, social insurance, driver’s license, etc; marital and family status; income sources; citizenship or immigration status; educational history; transcripts of marks; diplomas; attendance records; all video images; medical status where relevant to a course or placement; financial records relating to tuition payment, educational funding and student loans; employment history, post graduation employment and references.

We do not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required or permitted by law.


We recognize Sprott Shaw’s obligation to protect personal information in our custody or control by means of security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. These may include taking appropriate and reasonable steps on a technological, contractual, administrative or physical security basis to protect personal information against risks such as loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, modification or destruction.


We retain personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by law.

Accuracy, Access and Questions

We take steps to ensure that personal information is as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is used. However, accuracy is a joint responsibility. Students and customers are encouraged to update their personal information as necessary.

The Act permits individuals to access their personal information under our custody or control, and information on how their personal information is being used or disclosed by us, including the names of the individuals and organizations to whom their personal information has been disclosed by us. We will respond to all such requests in compliance with the Act.

The law permits individuals to request correction to errors or omissions in their personal information in our custody or control. Sprott~Shaw will respond to all such requests in compliance with the Act.

Digital Marketing and Remarketing

We currently use third-party analytical and remarketing tools on our web sites from Google Inc., Facebook, Inc., Instagram, Inc. and Twitter, Inc., which allow us to reach people who previously visited our website, and match the right people with the right advertising. To do this, we install cookies on your computer to track if you have visited our web site and where you went on our web site. Accordingly, the tracking data we collect from you may be collected in or transferred to a country outside of Canada. The data may also be accessed by staff of Sprott Shaw College or one of its contractors working outside of Canada.

If you would prefer not to be tracked by our third-party vendors, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page to opt-out of tracking.

Digital Communications

We do not buy, sell or rent email addresses. If you receive any communications claiming to be Sprott Shaw College that you believe to be suspicious please contact us immediately. We will only contact you if you email, call, walk-in to one of our campuses, or opt-in through a third party and consent to be contacted by us. By clicking the submission button on a form on our web site you consent to being contacted by representatives of Sprott Shaw College. You may opt out / unsubscribe / remove your consent from our communications at anytime by clicking our easy one-click “Unsubscribe” button located at the bottom of all of our sales/admissions related email communications. You can also contact us either by phone (250/604-310-4473) or email us at

Contacting Us

If you have any questions regarding this Policy, or if you wish to request access to, or correction of, your personal information in our custody or control, please contact our Privacy Officer at Head Office.

If you have a concern with respect to our handling of your personal information, we invite you to contact our Privacy Officer in writing, setting out the reasons for your concern. If, after our Privacy Officer has reviewed and responded to your concern you remain dissatisfied, you may wish to contact the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner at:

P.O. Box 9038
Station Provincial Government
Victoria, BC V8W 9A4
Tel: (250) 387-5629
Fax: (250) 387-1696