Sprott Shaw College offers the Co-op program to students, so they can gain practical work experience in a Canadian workplace. Students will be required to apply what they’ve learned from their in-class training and will be able to improve and gain more skills.
The Co-op program is usually offered to international students enrolled in various programs, including Business Administration Management, Global Business Marketing and Hospitality & Tourism Management. Co-op duration can vary between 13 to 47 weeks depending on the program.
Benefits of hiring a Sprott Shaw College co-op student:
- To make sure our students are legally entitled to work in Canada, a co-op coordinator collects their appropriate documents from co-op students including: passport, study and work permits, SIN and MSP
- SSC co-op students are fully trained in-class and have participated in career orientation provided by the college
- SSC co-op offers year-round available students that can start at any month and helps reduce company recruiting time and is cost-effective
- SSC International Co-op coordinator can assist companies in posting a job and arranging interviews
- Hiring a co-op student is an ideal solution for temporary positions or short-term projects
- SSC co-op students are hardworking, motivated and are excited to bring new ideas to your workplace
How to become a Host (Employer) for our Co-op students:
- Inform or send job postings to Chrystal Hamerton at firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Co-op Coordinator will send you resumes of qualified students for the position(s) by email
- International Co-op Coordinator will facilitate the time, date and location of your interview with the qualified student candidate(s)
- Once the host has selected the right candidate, the International Co-op Coordinator will contact the student and provide a Co-op Package that includes the Host Agreement
- During the co-op period of the students, the host is required to sign and their required monthly report forms
- Once the student has reached the end of his/her co-op term, the host is required to fill out a final evaluation form to be submitted directly to the International Co-op Coordinator by email
- MITACS – Accelerate (http://www.mitacs.ca/en/programs/accelerate)
- Service Canada: Canada Summer Jobs Program (https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/funding/youth-summer-job.html)
- BC Tech Co-op Grants Program (http://bcic.ca/programs_initiatives/current/bc-tech-co-op-grants-program/)
- BC Arts Council: Special Project Assistance – Co-op (http://www.bcartscouncil.ca/guidelines/artists/youth/early_career_development.html)
- CICan Clean Internship (https://cleantech.collegesinstitutes.ca/?utm_source=mailchimp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=college-homepage-EN)
If you have any questions, please contact Chrystal via email email@example.com.