This computer aided design program gives the student the skills and occupational competencies necessary to work with the software used in design fields such as interior design, architecture and industrial design.
At the end of this program, the student will have developed a basic understanding and the fundamental skills of AutoCAD; Revit/BIM, and SketchUp.
Graduates of the Computer Aided Design Technology certificate may apply to have credits transferred to Sprott Shaw’s Diploma in Sustainable Architectural Technologist, Diploma in Interior Design or the Diploma in Industrial Design.
Computer Aided Design Technology graduates are able to:
- Use AutoCAD and Revit to create precision drawings and technical illustrations
- Create 2-dimensional models using AutoCAD software
- Use Revit to design 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional buildings and structures
- Create 3-dimensional rendered models using SketchUp for applications such as architectural, interior design, and industrial product design
Why Study Computer Aided Design At Sprott Shaw?
- Lifetime access to dedicated Employment Services Specialists (ESS) who can help you with resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, and the overall job search after graduation
- Lifetime tuition-free access to course refreshers if you ever need to retrain and update your skills
- Practicum opportunities with recognized organizations across BC
- Multiple start dates so you can start your education when you want to without the wait
- Career and professional development success courses to help create a career development marketing plan, learn the cardinal rules of professionalism, and identify the target markets and employment resources in the counselling field
- Preparation and orientation courses to teach you how to find credible research, write papers, create proper citation formats including APA, and study effectively for exams
- All-inclusive program costs where what you see is what you pay. Our costs include registration fees, assessment fees, tuition, textbooks, supplies, course materials, uniforms, certificates, graduation fees, practicum fees, and much more