Online and On-Campus Delivery Options may be available!
The Computer Aided Design Technology program gives the student the skills and occupational competencies necessary to work with the software used in design fields such as interior design, architecture and industrial design.
At the end of this program, the student will have developed a basic understanding and the fundamental skills of AutoCAD; Revit/BIM, and SketchUp.
Computer Aided Design Technology graduates are able to:
- Use AutoCAD and Revit to create precision drawings and technical illustrations
- Create 2-dimensional models using AutoCAD software
- Use Revit to design 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional buildings and structures
- Create 3-dimensional rendered models using SketchUp for applications such as architectural, interior design, and industrial product design
Why Study Computer Aided Design At Sprott Shaw?
- Lifetime access to dedicated Employment Services Specialists (ESS) who can help you with resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, and the overall job search after graduation
- Lifetime tuition-free access to course refreshers if you ever need to retrain and update your skills
- Practicum opportunities with recognized organizations across BC
- Multiple start dates so you can start your education when you want to without the wait
- Career and professional development success courses to help create a career development marketing plan, learn the cardinal rules of professionalism, and identify the target markets and employment resources in the counselling field
- Preparation and orientation courses to teach you how to find credible research, write papers, create proper citation formats including APA, and study effectively for exams
- All-inclusive program costs where what you see is what you pay. Our costs include registration fees, assessment fees, tuition, textbooks, supplies, course materials, uniforms, certificates, graduation fees, practicum fees, and much more
- Grant and scholarship opportunities are available to help you save on tuition. Up to $4000 in scholarships and grants are open to recent high school graduates, Sprott Shaw alumni, military veterans, and more! Click here to browse our full list of grants and scholarships.
Where Are Sprott Shaw Graduates Working?
Our Trades and Design graduates can be found working throughout the province. Numerous electrician services have hired our graduates including Vancity Electric, Red Seal Electric, Nightingale Electric, and more.
Click below to learn more about where our graduates are currently working. Please note that these lists do not cover every single business that has hired a Sprott Shaw graduate, but they do provide a good representation of the sort of industries that Sprott Shaw graduates are working in