Build the foundation for a career in hospitality with our Hospitality Management with Co-op Program
This program is eligible for a $5,000 scholarship. Contact an advisor to learn more.
The hospitality industry is one of BC’s leading industries. Students who choose to study this program will be prepared to pursue successful careers at hotels, cruise ships, excursions, wineries, and various other attractions in the tourism and hospitality industry.
This 91-week program is the most robust out of all our hospitality offerings and includes everything students need to know for the industry. This program encompasses material included in the Hospitality Operations with Co-op Program with additional training in management, digital marketing, social media, and online engagement practices.
Students will finish the program with a portfolio of material they have created including plans and projects they have created for real hotels based on different market segments catered for that specific hotel.
By the end of the program, students will have earned a multitude of certificates and credentials including Serving It Right, Guest Service Gold, FOODSAFE, START Certified Restaurant Server, START Certified Front Desk Representative, START Certified Guestroom Attendant, HFIA Hotel Industry Analytics, AHLEI Rooms Division Specialization, AHLEI Sales and Marketing Specialization, and AHLEI Diploma.
All Sprott Shaw Hospitality Programs incorporate the AHLEI (American Hotel & Lodging Education Institute) which is an organization recognized worldwide.
Why Study At Sprott Shaw?
- Lifetime access to dedicated Employment Services Specialists (ESS) who can help you with resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, and the overall job search after graduation
- Lifetime tuition-free access to course refreshers if you ever need to retrain and update your skills
- Co-op opportunities with recognized organizations across BC including Parq Vancouver, River Rock Casino, Rosewood Hotel Georgia, Best Western Hotels, Delta Hotels, and more
- Multiple start dates so you can start your education when you want to without the wait
- All-inclusive tuition where what you see is what you pay. Our tuition includes registration fees, assessment fees, tuition, textbooks, supplies, course materials, uniforms, certificates, graduation fees, co-op fees, and much more
- Career and professional development success courses to help create a career development marketing plan, learn the cardinal rules of professionalism, and identify the target markets and employment resources for the hospitality industry
- Certificates including FOODSAFE, Guest Service Gold, and START Restaurant Service
- Preparation and orientation courses to teach you how to find credible research, write papers, create proper citation formats including APA, and study effectively for exams
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership competencies
- Evaluate financial information and financial implications related to business decisions
- Provide responsible and professional food and beverage services
- Supervise front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house hotel and restaurant operations
- Manage human relations issues
- Prepare marketing plans and communication strategies
- Analyze emerging hospitality industry trends and innovations
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving techniques to make sound management decisions and recommendations
- Communicate effectively using various communication channels