Paralegals are an indispensable member of a legal team. This program provides the training necessary to help in any law office: keyboarding, transcription and computer skills, and a variety of legal subject areas from core modules including Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Litigation, and Family Law to specialized areas such as Aboriginal Land Title, Canadian Immigration Law, and Intellectual Property Law. Graduates will be well prepared to help a wide range of law offices.
This program includes practicum placement. This experience within a workplace enables Instructional staff to observe the student in a practice situation while providing the student with the opportunity to gain direct exposure to the chosen career field.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to demonstrate knowledge in the following areas:
- Transcription, computer skills and proper typing techniques
- Fundamental principles of law
- Specialized training in Real Estate Law, Litigation, Conveyancing, Corporate Law, Criminal Law, Family Law and Estates
- Specialized training in Aboriginal Land Title, Canadian
- Immigration Law and Intellectual Property Law
- Criminal Offences and Court Procedures
- Torts and Defenses