Build the foundation for a career in hospitality with our Hospitality Operations with Co-op Program
Start learning from home today with online classes!
We know it’s a challenging time, but you don’t have to put your life on hold. At Sprott Shaw, new and incoming students can register through our online admissions process and start learning online with many of our programs. Through remote “face-to-face” instructor-led classes, students can experience interactive learning in the comfort and safety of their own homes. Contact us to learn more.
This program is eligible for a $4,000 scholarship. Contact an advisor to learn more.
The hospitality industry is one of BC’s leading industries. Students who choose to study this program will be prepared to pursue successful careers at hotels, cruise ships, excursions, wineries, and various other attractions in the tourism and hospitality industry.
During this 69-week program, students will develop the relevant knowledge and skills to understand the current trends in the hospitality industry. This program includes opportunities for students to learn and practice hotel restaurant accounting, front office, housekeeping management, supervision, revenue management, convention security and loss, and contemporary marketing and sales strategies. In addition to being certified as a restaurant server, students will also be certified as a front desk representative and guest room attendant as well as earn two additional specializations – AHLEI Rooms Division Specialization and AHLEI Sales and Marketing Specialization.
Throughout the program, students will craft employment packages, conduct information interviews, attend employment fairs, and participate in a host of research, contact, web-based and online exercises. Students will also receive hotel industry analytics and revenue management optimization training, which is exclusively offered at Sprott Shaw.
All Sprott Shaw Hospitality Programs incorporate the AHLEI (American Hotel & Lodging Education Institute) which is an organization recognized worldwide.
Why Study At Sprott Shaw?
- Lifetime access to dedicated Employment Services Specialists (ESS) who can help you with resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, and the overall job search after graduation
- Lifetime tuition-free access to course refreshers if you ever need to retrain and update your skills
- Co-op opportunities with recognized organizations across BC including Parq Vancouver, River Rock Casino, Rosewood Hotel Georgia, Best Western Hotels, Delta Hotels, and more
- Multiple start dates so you can start your education when you want to without the wait
- All-inclusive program costs where what you see is what you pay. Our tuition includes registration fees, assessment fees, tuition, textbooks, supplies, course materials, uniforms, certificates, graduation fees, co-op fees, and much more
- Career and professional development success courses to help create a career development marketing plan, learn the cardinal rules of professionalism, and identify the target markets and employment resources for the hospitality industry
- Certificates including FOODSAFE, Guest Service Gold, and START Restaurant Service
- Preparation and orientation courses to teach you how to find credible research, write papers, create proper citation formats including APA, and study effectively for exams
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership competencies
- Evaluate financial information and financial implications related to business decisions
- Provide responsible and professional food and beverage services
- Supervise front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house hotel and restaurant operations
- Manage human relations issues
- Prepare marketing plans and communication strategies
- Analyze emerging hospitality industry trends and innovations
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving techniques to make sound management decisions and recommendations
- Communicate effectively using various communication channels