The Tourism / Hospitality Management Program prepares students for entry-level designation management positions with opportunities to work in areas related to: Food and Beverage Management; Marketing; Front Office Procedures: Transportation; Tours and Ticketing.
Graduates from this program also earn AHLA (American Hotel and Lodging Association) certification.
- Demonstrate leadership competencies
- Provide responsible and professional hospitality services
- Supervise front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house hotel and restaurant operations
- Analyze emerging hospitality industry trends and innovations
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving techniques to make sound management decisions and recommendations
- Describe the scope of the tourism industry
- Describe and understand the five sectors of the tourism/hospitality industry and their economic impact
- Apply the principles and practices of guest and customer services
- Productively use industry software including SABRE
- Communicate effectively using various communication channels