Sprott Shaw College Executive Medical Office Admin Diploma program has been developed to meet the needs of today’s companies.
An organization needs good people, processes, and products to build a strong brand and companies are constantly on the lookout for talented administrative professionals. Not only can an excellent administrator handle the tasks of the office like bookkeeping, computers, and document processing, but they act as a resource for the entire office. Managers know the value of a great executive administrator.
First, we focus on the fundamentals like MS Office, Sage 50 (Simply) Accounting, and Document Efficiencies, so our graduates will have the hard skills to work in a busy office and get things done.
Second, we ensure that Executive Medical Office Administrator graduates are equipped with soft skills, like efficiency, communication, and career development.
And third, we provide expanded training in the areas of digital marketing (including social media), human resources, and travel/event planning.
Graduates are well equipped to handle the many complex demands of their roles in the workplace and rise above the competition.
Executive Medical Office Administrators are the ultimate, sought-after resource for companies looking to get an edge.
Executive Medical Office Administrators perform a variety of administrative duties in doctors’ offices, hospitals, medical clinics and other medical settings as well as support of managers and professional employers. They are employed in offices throughout the public and private sectors.
Executive Medical Office Administrators type correspondence, reports, invoices and related material from handwritten copy or machine dictation, using a computer.
This may include the preparation of presentation materials. They also prepare routine correspondence and compile data, statistics and other information. Some administrators assist committees by taking minutes.
The duties of Executive Medical Office Administrators also include specialized tasks.
They schedule and confirm medical appointments, deliver messages between doctors and patients, type medical records and reports from handwritten notes, and interview patients to complete forms and case histories.
Executive Medical Office Administrators also make sure doctors get paid, by completing insurance as well as other claim forms and handling billing procedures. They may order medical supplies as well as regular office supplies.
It should be noted that medical office administrators are very often referred to as medical office secretaries, and related training programs in this province may also use that title.
- A typing speed of 50-65 words per minute may also be required for employment.
Changes in technology, such as the increasing use of electronic medical records (EMR), means these workers must be comfortable adapting to new software programs. Some employers may require specialized training in EMR systems.
- Type correspondence and reports from handwritten copy or dictation
- Prepare presentation materials, compile data and research statistics
- Attend committee meetings and take minutes
- Schedule and confirm medical appointments
- Deliver messages between doctors and patients
- Type medical reports from handwritten notes
- Interview patients to complete forms and to obtain case histories
- Complete insurance and claim forms
- Perform billing procedures
- Order medical and office supplies
Why Study At Sprott Shaw?
- Lifetime access to dedicated Employment Services Specialists (ESS) who can help you with resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, and the overall job search after graduation
- Lifetime tuition-free access to course refreshers if you ever need to retrain and update your skills
- Practicum opportunities with recognized organizations across BC
- Multiple start dates so you can start your education when you want to without the wait
- Career and professional development success courses to help create a career development marketing plan, learn the cardinal rules of professionalism, and identify the target markets and employment resources in the counselling field
- Preparation and orientation courses to teach you how to find credible research, write papers, create proper citation formats including APA, and study effectively for exams
- All-inclusive program costs where what you see is what you pay. Our costs include registration fees, assessment fees, tuition, textbooks, supplies, course materials, uniforms, certificates, graduation fees, practicum fees, and much more
Executive Medical Office Admin Diploma Related Programs: