Start learning from home today with Summer classes!
We know it’s a challenging time, but you don’t have to put your life on hold. At Sprott Shaw, new and incoming students can register through our online admissions process and start learning online with many of our programs. Through remote “face-to-face” instructor-led classes, students can experience interactive learning in the comfort and safety of their own homes. Contact us to learn more.
Employment growth projections vary considerably between occupations. These variations will depend mainly on the prospects for economic growth in each industrial sector, but will also depend on each industry’s business structure and on the impact technology has on middle management functions in large organizations.
Managers are found throughout all industries and government. There is a great variation not only in the work settings but also in the working conditions among these managerial groups. Managers plan, organize, direct and control the activities of the branch or department for which they are responsible or the business they operate. They also develop and implement policies and systems for their branch or department.
This program includes FITT skills program which focuses on the practical aspects of international business, including logistics, nation-by-nation marketing opportunities, trade finance, market entry strategies and international management techniques. All FITT skills courses meet the standards of international business and trade training as prescribed by the International Association of Trade Training Organizations (IATTO). Successful completion of all eight FITT skills courses provides the student with a FITT Diploma, accredited by IATTO and satisfies the educational requirement for the CITP (Certified International Trade Professional) designation.
The combination of the basic management skills with the international skills of FITT and a 14-week practicum will open many global doors for the student.
Sprott Shaw College has partnered with FITT to offer the FITTskills program. FITT (Forum for International Trade Training) is an international trade training and professional certification body.
FITTskills is a highly practical, hands-on series of courses that focus on the fundamental aspects of international business. Students may register for these courses as part of our Global Marketing Management programs. Upon successful completion of each of the six (6) courses, students can elect to write an exam administered by the Forum for International Trade Training (FITT) in pursuit of an additional FITT Diploma in International Trade, which fulfills the educational requirement of the CITP designation.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Assess the impact of various economic, legal, cultural, geographical and political systems on domestic and international business
- Conduct business in compliance with relevant national and international law, legislation, policies, and regulations
- Apply computer skills and knowledge to support business functions
- Apply the importing and exporting functions used in business in the context of domestic and international trade
- Collect, process, and interpret data used to support business
- Adapt business concepts and processes from diverse populations and using culturally appropriate methods
- Assess the contribution of individual and team assignments involving diverse memberships
- Develop international marketing, financial and human resource strategies
- Apply financial knowledge and skills to the business operations
- Develop strategies to utilize domestic and foreign government programs, policies, and agencies to facilitate international trade
- Discuss the business advantages of multilingualism in regards to doing business in a global environment