Online and On-Campus Delivery Options may be available!
The Global Marketing Management program teaches a combination of basic business management skills together with the international skills of FITT along with a 14-week practicum that will open many doors for graduates looking to work on a global scale.
Sprott Shaw College has partnered with FITT to offer the FITTskills program. FITT (Forum for International Trade Training) is an international trade training and professional certification body.
This program includes the FITT skills program which focuses on the practical aspects of international business, including logistics, nation-by-nation marketing opportunities, trade finance, market entry strategies and international management techniques.
All FITT skills courses meet the standards of international business and trade training as prescribed by the International Association of Trade Training Organizations (IATTO).
Successful completion of all eight FITT skills courses provides the student with a FITT Diploma, accredited by IATTO and satisfies the educational requirement for the CITP (Certified International Trade Professional) designation.
Employment growth projections vary considerably between occupations. These variations will depend mainly on the prospects for economic growth in each industrial sector, but will also depend on each industry’s business structure and on the impact technology has on middle management functions in large organizations.
Managers are found throughout all industries and governments. There is a great variation not only in the work settings but also in the working conditions among these managerial groups.
Managers plan, organize, direct and control the activities of the branch or department for which they are responsible or the business they operate. They also develop and implement policies and systems for their branch or department.
FITTskills is a highly practical, hands-on series of courses that focus on the fundamental aspects of international business.
Students may register for these courses as part of the Global Marketing Management program.
Upon successful completion of each of the six (6) courses, students can elect to write an exam administered by the Forum for International Trade Training (FITT) in pursuit of an additional FITT Diploma in International Trade, which fulfills the educational requirement of the CITP designation.
Global Marketing Management Learning Objectives
Upon completion of Global Marketing Management, students will be able to:
- Assess the impact of various economic, legal, cultural, geographical and political systems on domestic and international business
- Conduct business in compliance with relevant national and international law, legislation, policies, and regulations
- Apply computer skills and knowledge to support business functions
- Apply the importing and exporting functions used in business in the context of domestic and international trade
- Collect, process, and interpret data used to support business
- Adapt business concepts and processes from diverse populations and using culturally appropriate methods
- Assess the contribution of individual and team assignments involving diverse memberships
- Develop international marketing, financial and human resource strategies
- Apply financial knowledge and skills to the business operations
- Develop strategies to utilize domestic and foreign government programs, policies, and agencies to facilitate international trade
- Discuss the business advantages of multilingualism in regards to doing business in a global environment
Why Study At Sprott Shaw?
- Lifetime access to dedicated Employment Services Specialists (ESS) who can help you with resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, and the overall job search after graduation
- Lifetime tuition-free access to course refreshers if you ever need to retrain and update your skills
- Practicum opportunities with recognized organizations across BC
- Multiple start dates so you can start your education when you want to without the wait
- Career and professional development success courses to help create a career development marketing plan, learn the cardinal rules of professionalism, and identify the target markets and employment resources in the counselling field
- Preparation and orientation courses to teach you how to find credible research, write papers, create proper citation formats including APA, and study effectively for exams
- All-inclusive program costs where what you see is what you pay. Our costs include registration fees, assessment fees, tuition, textbooks, supplies, course materials, uniforms, certificates, graduation fees, practicum fees, and much more
- Grant and scholarship opportunities are available to help you save on tuition. Up to $4000 in scholarships and grants are open to recent high school graduates, Sprott Shaw alumni, military veterans, and more! Click here to browse our full list of grants and scholarships.
Related Business Programs