The Executive Legal Administrator diploma program has been developed to meet the needs of today’s companies focusing on MS Office, Sage 50 (Simply) Accounting, and Document Efficiencies, communication, and training in the areas of digital marketing (including social media), human resources, and travel/event planning.
Executive Legal Administrators’ duties may include the preparing of presentation materials, compiling data, preparing routine correspondence, researching statistics and other information, attend committee meetings and minute taking. Other duties typical of this role may include scheduling, invoicing, payments, ordering of office supplies, and supervision of office workers.
Executive Legal Administrators are required to have an understanding of the vocabulary and processes of law. They handle and format legal correspondence such as deeds, wills, affidavits and briefs. They also proofread outgoing documents and correspondence to make sure that the documents agree with legal procedures and grammatical usage. In some cases, they attend court or meetings to take notes or minutes.
A typing speed of 50-65 words per minute may also be required for employment.
- Perform administrative duties such as typing correspondence and reports from handwritten copy or dictation
- Format legal correspondence such as deeds, wills, affidavits and briefs
- Ensure documents agree with legal procedures and grammatical usage
- Prepare presentation materials, compile data and research statistics
- Attend committee meetings and take minutes
- Schedule appointments
- Prepare invoices and payments