This is an accelerated certificate program that supports graduates in being able to have understanding of the vocabulary and processes of law, to handle and format legal correspondence such as deeds, wills, affidavits and briefs, while ensuring that the documents agree with legal procedures and grammatical usage, In some cases Legal Administrators are required to attend court or meetings to take notes or minutes.
Please note: A typing speed of 50-65 words per minute may also be required for employment.
- Perform administrative duties such as typing correspondence and reports from handwritten copy or dictation
- Format legal correspondence such as deeds, wills, affidavits and briefs
- Ensure documents agree with legal procedures and grammatical usage
- Prepare presentation materials, compile data and research statistics
- Attend committee meetings and take minutes
- Schedule appointments
- Prepare invoices and payments