Online and On-Campus Delivery Options may be available!
This Legal Administrator certificate program provides the required understanding of the vocabulary and processes of law required to secure a position in any legal firm.
Legal Administrators handle and format legal correspondence such as deeds, wills, affidavits and briefs.
They also proofread outgoing documents and correspondence to make sure that the documents agree with legal procedures and grammatical usage.
In some cases, they attend court or meetings to take notes or minutes.
This Legal Administrator certificate program includes a practicum placement. This experience within a workplace enables Instructional staff to observe the student in a practice situation while providing the student with the opportunity to gain direct exposure to the chosen career field.
Program Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this Legal Administrator certificate program, students will be able to:
- Perform administrative duties such as typing correspondence and reports from handwritten copy or dictation
- Format legal correspondence such as deeds, wills, affidavits and briefs
- Ensure documents agree with legal procedures and grammatical usage
- Prepare presentation materials, compile data and research statistics
- Attend committee meetings and take minutes
- Schedule appointments
- Prepare invoices and payments
Why Study at Sprott Shaw?
- Lifetime access to dedicated Employment Services Specialists (ESS) who can help you with resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, and the overall job search after graduation
- Lifetime tuition-free access to course refreshers if you ever need to retrain and update your skills
- Practicum opportunities with recognized organizations across BC
- Multiple start dates so you can start your education when you want to without the wait
- Career and professional development success courses to help create a career development marketing plan, learn the cardinal rules of professionalism, and identify the target markets and employment resources in the counselling field
- Preparation and orientation courses to teach you how to find credible research, write papers, create proper citation formats including APA, and study effectively for exams
- All-inclusive program costs where what you see is what you pay. Our costs include registration fees, assessment fees, tuition, textbooks, supplies, course materials, uniforms, certificates, graduation fees, practicum fees, and much more
- Grant and scholarship opportunities are available to help you save on tuition. Up to $4000 in scholarships and grants are open to recent high school graduates, Sprott Shaw alumni, military veterans, and more! Click here to browse our full list of grants and scholarships.
- “It was the most welcoming college I’ve ever experienced. If I had any trouble with work, my teachers were with me every step of the way to help me figure out the correct answer.” – Gabi P.
- “Through hard work, perseverance, as well as the support of the staff at Sprott Shaw College, I was able to secure employment before my last day of class. Thank you, Sprott Shaw.” – Kayla E.
- “I am so glad I got over my hesitation on going back to school because now I think I have found the right direction.” – Nadine K.
Related Legal Administrator Certificate Programs