This program combines the Adaptability and general business knowledge of the Professional Business management with the focus and excitement of the Tourism / Hospitality Management program.
This program offers AHLA (American Hotel and Lodging Association) certificates.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership competencies
- Act in an ethical manner within the legal framework of the industry
- Employ sustainability decision making and practices
- Provide responsible and professional food and beverage services
- Supervise front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house hotel and restaurant operations
- Manage human relations issues
- Prepare marketing plans and communication strategies
- Analyze emerging hospitality industry trends and innovations
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving techniques to make sound management decisions and recommendations
- Productively use MS Office including Word, Excel and Access
- Productively use industry software including SABRE* Communicate effectively using various communication channels