Start learning from home today with Summer classes!
We know it’s a challenging time, but you don’t have to put your life on hold. At Sprott Shaw, new and incoming students can register through our online admissions process and start learning online with many of our programs. Through remote “face-to-face” instructor-led classes, students can experience interactive learning in the comfort and safety of their own homes. Contact us to learn more.
This program combines the Adaptability and general business knowledge of the Professional Business management with the focus and excitement of the Tourism / Hospitality Management program.
This program offers AHLA (American Hotel and Lodging Association) certificates.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership competencies
- Act in an ethical manner within the legal framework of the industry
- Employ sustainability decision making and practices
- Provide responsible and professional food and beverage services
- Supervise front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house hotel and restaurant operations
- Manage human relations issues
- Prepare marketing plans and communication strategies
- Analyze emerging hospitality industry trends and innovations
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving techniques to make sound management decisions and recommendations
- Productively use MS Office including Word, Excel and Access
- Productively use industry software including SABRE* Communicate effectively using various communication channels