- Grade 12 / GED or mature student status (all transcripts must be “true certified copies” or originals)
- Applicants must successfully complete the admissions interview and entrance assessments with a minimum score of 20/40 in the English Assessment and a minimum score of 20/40 in the Math Assessment (with a minimum composite score of 42/80)
- AC112 is the prerequisite to: AC214, AC221, AC231, AC241 and AC251
- 60% average upon successful completion of all courses, including courses given a complete.
Note: Students wishing to continue education in this field would need the passing grade required by the receiving institute.
- Domestic students that can provide a Canadian transcript showing completion of English 11 or 12 (or equivalent) with a passing grade of ‘C’, will be exempt from having to write the
English Entrance Assessment
- Domestic students that can provide a Canadian transcript showing completion of Math 10, 11 or 12 (or equivalent) with a passing grade of ‘C’, will be exempt from having to write the
Math Entrance Assessment
- International students can meet the Math Entrance Assessment requirement by providing an equivalent to Canadian High School Math 10, 11 or 12 with a passing grade
of ‘C’. The credential must be evaluated and verified.
- International students can meet the English requirement by completing or demonstrating one of the following three options:
• Sprott Shaw’s English Language Assessment, OR
• Minimum IELTS Score 5.5 overall or iBT TOFEL Score of 70, OR
• Completion of an ESL program from one of SSC’s partnered ESL schools.
To receive the Canadian Payroll Association certification, you must be a graduate of the Payroll Compliance Practitioner program and must fulfill the following Canadian Payroll Association requirements:
- Effective January 1, 2015, graduates must have at least one year of weighted payroll experience obtained five years before or after the start of the first core course.
- Complete the Association Application for Certification
- Maintain a membership with the Association
- Adhere to the Association’s Code of Conduct and Continuing Professional Education requirements
To learn more about certification requirements, please refer to the CPA’s website at www.payroll.ca
Additional Notes On the Canadian Payroll Association:
- Work Experience Requirement Application (WERA) is a requirement for certification
- The Canadian Payroll Association’s passing mark is 65 percent
- The Introduction to Accounting transfer of credit is a requirement, not a prerequisite
Access to Technology:
This program will be delivered online in both synchronous and asynchronous formats. It is therefore important that you have access to a computer and working environment with the
- Recommended hardware – Dual-core 2.64 GHz processor
with 2 GB RAM
- Microsoft 7 or Vista operating system
- High-speed internet connection – cable or ADSL
- Web camera/High Definition video camera – MS Lifecam series, Logitech C500 or 900 series
- Headset with microphone
- MS Office Suite 2007 or 2010 preferred
Instructors are available at all times for scheduled classes and by email (response within 24 hours). Additionally, students can usually access instructors prior to class or just after the class ends.
* Accounting & Payroll Administrator with Practicum was reviewed and approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training.
Students can expect to complete one to three hours of homework per day.