Learn from Home!
During this period, we are now offering an online admissions process and online learning for many of our programs. Through virtual “face-to-face” instructor-led classes, students will experience interactive learning in the comfort and safety of your home. Contact us to find out more.
Payroll Administrators are concerned with employee pay and benefits. They maintain employee records (for example, attendance and overtime) and use the records to calculate pay and benefit entitlements. They also prepare and check statements of earnings and provide information to employees on payroll matters, benefit plans and collective agreement terms.
Graduates from this program, after credit transfer, are able to apply for the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification from the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA), pending the following conditions,
- Have at least one year of weighted payroll experience obtained five years before or after the start of the first CPA core course
- Complete the CPA’s Application for Certification
- Maintain a membership with the CPA
- Adhere to the CPA’s Code of Conduct and Continuing Professional Education requirements
For further details about certification requirements, please refer to the CPA’s website at www.payroll.ca
- Maintain employee records and use the records to calculate pay and benefit entitlements
- Prepare and check statements of earnings
- Provide information to employees on payroll matters, benefit plans and collective agreement terms