Payroll Administrators are concerned with employee pay and benefits. They maintain employee records (for example, attendance and overtime) and use the records to calculate pay and benefit entitlements.
They also prepare and check statements of earnings and provide information to employees on payroll matters, benefit plans and collective agreement terms.
- Maintain employee records and use the records to calculate pay and benefit entitlements
- Prepare and check statements of earnings
- Provide information to employees on payroll matters, benefit plans and collective agreement terms
The National Payroll Institute
Sprott Shaw College is approved to offer Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) Courses.
Once education requirements are met, graduates can complete and submit the Application for Certification to receive the Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certification from the National Payroll Institute.
To receive National Payroll Institute designation, you must be a graduate of the Payroll Compliance Practitioner program and must fulfill the following National Payroll Institute requirements:
- Effective January 1, 2015, graduates must have at least one year of weighted payroll experience obtained five years before or after the start of the first core course
Experience will be confirmed via the Work Experience Requirement Application (WERA)
- Receive a grade now lower than the National Payroll Institute’s passing mark of 65 percent.
- Completed the Introduction to Accounting credits
- Complete the Association Application for Certification
- Maintain a membership with the Association
- Adhere to the Association’s Code of Conduct and Continuing Professional Education requirements
To learn more about certification requirements, please refer to the National Payroll Institute website at www.payroll.ca.
Why Take The Payroll Program At Sprott Shaw?
- Lifetime access to dedicated Employment Services Specialists (ESS) who can help you with resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, and the overall job search after graduation
- Lifetime tuition-free access to course refreshers if you ever need to retrain and update your skills
- Practicum opportunities with recognized organizations across BC
- Multiple start dates so you can start your education when you want to without the wait
- Career and professional development success courses to help create a career development marketing plan, learn the cardinal rules of professionalism, and identify the target markets and employment resources in the counselling field
- Preparation and orientation courses to teach you how to find credible research, write papers, create proper citation formats including APA, and study effectively for exams
- All-inclusive program costs where what you see is what you pay. Our costs include registration fees, assessment fees, tuition, textbooks, supplies, course materials, uniforms, certificates, graduation fees, practicum fees, and much more