Start learning from home today with Summer classes!
We know it’s a challenging time, but you don’t have to put your life on hold. At Sprott Shaw, new and incoming students can register through our online admissions process and start learning online with many of our programs. Through remote “face-to-face” instructor-led classes, students can experience interactive learning in the comfort and safety of their own homes. Contact us to learn more.
Payroll Administrators are concerned with employee pay and benefits. They maintain employee records (for example, attendance and overtime) and use the records to calculate pay and benefit entitlements. They also prepare and check statements of earnings and provide information to employees on payroll matters, benefit plans and collective agreement terms.
- Maintain employee records and use the records to calculate pay and benefit entitlements
- Prepare and check statements of earnings
- Provide information to employees on payroll matters, benefit plans and collective agreement terms
The Canadian Payroll Association
Once education requirements are met, graduates can complete and submit the Application for Certification to receive the Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certification from the Canadian Payroll Association.
To receive the Canadian Payroll Association certification, you must be a graduate of the Payroll Compliance Practitioner program and must fulfill the following Canadian Payroll Association requirements:
- Effective January 1, 2015, graduates must have at least one year of weighted payroll experience obtained five years before or after the start of the first core course
- Complete the Association Application for Certification
- Maintain a membership with the Association
- Adhere to the Association’s Code of Conduct and Continuing Professional Education requirements
To learn more about certification requirements, please refer to the Association’s website at www.payroll.ca.