Online and On-Campus Delivery Options may be available!
A graduate of the Business Administration Bookkeeping program, under the direction of a designated Accountant, is able to perform full-cycle accounting responsibilities and duties.
Bookkeeping Learning Objectives
- Accurately record accounting transactions
- Reconcile general ledgers and bank accounts
- Create budgets
- Prepare and analyze standard financial statements
- Analyze cost behaviours and Return On Investment (ROI)
- Utilize current accounting software applications
- Record payroll transactions, pay employees and submit government remittances
- Prepare simple income tax returns
- Provide basic human resource management
- Productively use MS Office including Word, Excel and Access
- Communicate effectively using various communication channels
Why Study at Sprott Shaw?
- Lifetime access to dedicated Employment Services Specialists (ESS) who can help you with resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, and the overall job search after graduation
- Lifetime tuition-free access to course refreshers if you ever need to retrain and update your skills
- Practicum opportunities with recognized organizations across BC
- Multiple start dates so you can start your education when you want to without the wait
- Career and professional development success courses to help create a career development marketing plan, learn the cardinal rules of professionalism, and identify the target markets and employment resources in the counselling field
- Preparation and orientation courses to teach you how to find credible research, write papers, create proper citation formats including APA, and study effectively for exams
- All-inclusive program costs where what you see is what you pay. Our costs include registration fees, assessment fees, tuition, textbooks, supplies, course materials, uniforms, certificates, graduation fees, practicum fees, and much more
- Grant and scholarship opportunities are available to help you save on tuition. Up to $4000 in scholarships and grants are open to recent high school graduates, Sprott Shaw alumni, military veterans, and more! Click here to browse our full list of grants and scholarships.
- “I look forward to coming to class every day. All the staff and other students are so encouraging and supportive. The part-time classes allow me to work while attending.” – Kyla M.
- “Sprott Shaw College never leaves their graduates high and dry, they have stand-by support ready for us if we need it.” – Marichu J.
Where Are Sprott Shaw Graduates Working?
Our Business, Marketing, and Cybersecurity graduates can be found working throughout the province. Graduates of our business & marketing programs can be found working for a diverse range of businesses from law and real estate offices to positions with the Government of Canada and Canada Post.
Click below to learn more about where our graduates are currently working. Please note that these lists do not cover every single business that has hired a Sprott Shaw graduate, but they do provide a good representation of the sort of industries that Sprott Shaw graduates are working in.