A graduate of the Business Administration Bookkeeping diploma, under the direction of a designated Accountant, is able to perform full-cycle accounting responsibilities and duties.
- Accurately record accounting transactions
- Reconcile general ledgers and bank accounts
- Create budgets
- Prepare and analyze standard financial statements
- Analyze cost behaviours and Return On Investment (ROI)
- Utilize current accounting software applications
- Record payroll transactions, pay employees and submit government remittances
- Prepare simple income tax returns
- Provide basic human resource management
- Productively use MS Office including Word, Excel and Access
- Communicate effectively using various communication channels
This program includes a practicum placement. This experience within a workplace enables Instructional staff to observe the student in a practice situation while providing the student with the opportunity to gain direct exposure to the chosen career field.