Learn from Home!
During this period, we are now offering an online admissions process and online learning for many of our programs. Through remote “face-to-face” instructor-led classes, students will experience interactive learning in the comfort and safety of your home. Contact us to find out more.
This program is suited for Licensed Early Childhood Educators wishing to expand their skills and specializations.
This program gives the student the skills and occupational competencies necessary in the industry today based upon the Ministry for Children and Family Development approved curriculum.
The program focuses on Children with Exceptionalities involving working with children who require extra support in childcare settings. Graduates are able to expand their coverage to Birth to 5 years and are able to apply for an ECE Special Needs Educator License
At the end of this program the student will have developed a broad range of skills through the application and understanding of the following learning outcomes:
- Cultural, economic, and generational influences on development
- Main categories and methods of observational recording
- Current licensing and registration regulations, development of policies and procedures, floor plans, and childcare center design
- Development of partnerships with parents, colleagues, and other service providers
- Positive contemporary child guidance practices, causes and characteristics of inappropriate behaviour
- Planning and implementing comprehensive program plans, focusing on social, emotional, cognitive, physical, language and cultural development
- Activities to facilitate diversity and multi-cultural experiences and concepts to enhance the curriculum
- Creating a positive learning environment that includes fun and engaging music and movement activities, enhancing other learning such as language and language skills
- The use of concepts and activities from LEAP BC 2010
- Resource Booklet and recognizing movement categories and motor skills
- Creativity and open-ended, process-oriented creative art activities and experiences
- Verbal and non-verbal communication skills and techniques.
- Design newsletters and communication tools for parents, children and staff
- Signs and symptoms of common communicable childhood illnesses
- Goal setting, note-taking, problem-solving, and teamwork