An Early Childhood Education Assistant supports all students in classroom environments and performs duties that are instructional in nature or deliver direct services to students or parents.
This Early Childhood Education Assistant certificate program gives the student the skills and occupational competencies necessary in the industry today based on the Ministry of Education and Child Care approved curriculum.
After completion of the 14-week program graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic information of health, safety and proper nutrition for young children
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic licensing regulations, safety and hygiene-related to childcare facilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic child development
- Promote the psychological and physical safety, health and well-being of each child
- Develop and maintain a warm, caring and responsive relationship with each child
- Establish and maintain open and cooperative relationships with each child’s family
- Establish and maintain a supportive and collaborative relationship with colleagues
- Effectively learn how to resolve problems and conflicts
Graduates are eligible to apply for an Early Childhood Education Assistant license from the Ministry for Children and Family Development.
Sprott Shaw is a member of Early Childhood Educators of British Columbia (ECEBC).
Why Study At Sprott Shaw?
- Lifetime access to dedicated Employment Services Specialists (ESS) who can help you with resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, and the overall job search after graduation
- Lifetime tuition-free access to course refreshers if you ever need to retrain and update your skills
- Practicum opportunities with recognized organizations across BC
- Multiple start dates so you can start your education when you want to without the wait
- Career and professional development success courses to help create a career development marketing plan, learn the cardinal rules of professionalism, and identify the target markets and employment resources in the counselling field
- Preparation and orientation courses to teach you how to find credible research, write papers, create proper citation formats including APA, and study effectively for exams
- All-inclusive program costs where what you see is what you pay. Our costs include registration fees, assessment fees, tuition, textbooks, supplies, course materials, uniforms, certificates, graduation fees, practicum fees, and much more