After completion of the 14-week program graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic information of health, safety and proper nutrition for young children
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic licensing regulations, safety and hygiene-related to childcare facilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic child development
- Promote the psychological and physical safety, health and well-being of each child
- Develop and maintain a warm, caring and responsive relationship with each child
- Establish and maintain open and cooperative relationships with each child’s family
- Establish and maintain a supportive and collaborative relationship with colleagues
- Effectively learn how to resolve problems and conflicts
Graduates are eligible to apply for an Early Childhood Education Assistant license from the Ministry for Children and Family Development.
Sprott Shaw is a member of Early Childhood Educators of British Columbia (ECEBC).