Start learning from home today with Summer classes!
We know it’s a challenging time, but you don’t have to put your life on hold. At Sprott Shaw, new and incoming students can register through our online admissions process and start learning online with many of our programs. Through remote “face-to-face” instructor-led classes, students can experience interactive learning in the comfort and safety of their own homes. Contact us to learn more.
Welcome to the Customer Service Professional program. Meet customer service professionals from around the world, sharpen the skills you will need in the service industry, and develop the confidence, perspective, skills, knowledge and drive that will help you succeed.
The fundamental duties of a Customer Service provider are to answer questions and resolve problems. Success in this regard depends on the provider’s ability to connect with customers on a personal level. To that end, this program will teach skills related to forming proper attitudes, creating strong first impressions, communicating well both verbally and non-verbally and most importantly, understanding just what it is a customer needs and wants.
The co-op portion of the program offers students the opportunity to practice what they have learned in class, practice their English skills in English speaking working environments, and gain professional experience.
Co-op eligibility will be based on grades (which must be an average of 70% or better during the class components), classroom attendance, academic performance as well as one’s adaptability in a culturally diverse environment and general work ethic.
FoodSafe and Serving-it-Right certificates will be completed during the program.
Upon graduation, students will be able to:
- Effectively interact with customers, team members and management
- Blend techniques and strategies to become more effective workers through problem-solving and critical thinking
- Fit into the environment of new trends in the restaurant, catering, hotel and tourism industries
- Recognize and deal with the challenges of communicating with customers and the skills required
- Satisfy the needs and wants of people who do the hiring
- Use and demonstrate appropriate business and personal etiquette
- Motivate through positive psychological self-understanding
- Use hospitality job survival techniques in the highly stressed world of the hotel, hospitality and tourism industry
- Learn the knowledge required for both the FoodSafe BC and Serving-it Right certificates
- Use effective job search strategies