The Sprott Shaw College Business Operation diploma program provides a foundational understanding of business operations which equips graduates to manage activities in a wide variety of industries.
You will be trained in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, sales and marketing, business communications and supervisory skills. These skills will give you the competence and ability to thrive in a business environment.
After successful completion of your core courses, you will complete a paid 22-week business co-op. Your final week of learning will focus on your Career & Professional Development course that will prepare you to write an effective cover letter and resume, develop job interview skills and learn how to search for job opportunities.
This program includes a Co-op placement. This placement enables the student to gain first-hand paid experience in the chosen career field while enabling Instructional staff to observe the student in a practice situation. Please note successful completion of the Co-op is required for graduation.
Graduates of the Sprott Shaw College Business Operations Diploma Program will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
Demonstrate knowledge of the office environment and the technological side of the workplace:
- Demonstrate knowledge of business operations in terms of communications and human relations
- Use MS Office, including Word, Excel and Access
- Perform accounting activities and analyze financial statements
- Communicate effectively using various communication
Why Study Business Operations At Sprott Shaw?
- Lifetime access to dedicated Employment Services Specialists (ESS) who can help you with resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, and the overall job search after graduation
- Lifetime tuition-free access to course refreshers if you ever need to retrain and update your skills
- Practicum opportunities with recognized organizations across BC
- Multiple start dates so you can start your education when you want to without the wait
- Career and professional development success courses to help create a career development marketing plan, learn the cardinal rules of professionalism, and identify the target markets and employment resources in the counselling field
- Preparation and orientation courses to teach you how to find credible research, write papers, create proper citation formats including APA, and study effectively for exams
- All-inclusive program costs where what you see is what you pay. Our costs include registration fees, assessment fees, tuition, textbooks, supplies, course materials, uniforms, certificates, graduation fees, practicum fees, and much more
Related Business Programs: