The team at Sprott Shaw College, Maple Ridge Campus is passionate about professionalism and inclusiveness. This is a campus where students feel comfortable making requests to the administrative team, such as participating in a community LGBT initiative. This is a campus that participates in family days and hosts socials so that students’ families can find out what their school is all about. In short, Maple Ridge campus wants to make everyone feel welcome. With this positive attitude, Sprott Shaw Maple Ridge is the perfect place to take your first steps toward a new career.
Hand in hand with this inclusivity is a professional study environment. Director Robert Thornton and his amazing team want to help students focus on their education, and to gain as much value as they can from that education. All of this preparation and study comes in handy when it’s time to wow practicum hosts and employers. In fact, the Maple Ridge team has recently affiliated with School District #43 (Coquitlam) for Community Support Worker practicums, which is an excellent opportunity for students.
The campus has a great central location, close to amenities including a variety of restaurants, a grocery store, and other shopping. Accessible by car or bus, students come from not only Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows, but also Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, and Port Moody. Programs currently offered at the campus include Community Support Worker – Social Services, Medical Office Administrator and Health Unit Clerk, and Business Administration. You may find Admissions Advisor Laura sharing campus and program information at community workshops, tradeshows, and career fairs, including those put on by WorkBC and local schools.
Sprott Shaw, Maple Ridge Campus also features the Sprott Shaw Advantage, including:
- Employment Services Specialist
- Graduates can request assistance in seeking employment at any time
- Lifetime Refreshers
- Graduates can return for skills upgrading (call campus for details)
- Employer Warranty
- Graduates can be retrained at no cost if their first employer finds any deficiencies in training
- Monthly start dates
- New classes begin every 4 weeks, contact the campus at 604-457-3600 or apply online to learn more
- 16 Locations
- Students can transfer between campuses or graduates can relocate and have the same services available at the nearest campus
- Career-focused programs
- Each program includes focused, quality education and small class sizes
Grants of up to $4000 are also available to students who start programs within 1 year of graduating from high school. Grants are based on program length. Contact our Admissions Advisor in Maple Ridge for more information!